Tuesday, April 24, 2018
I just need to add new headlight frames around the headlights and the upper wing will be COMPLETELY finished! It's about 6' long! A little taller than me! I glued on the freshly airbrushed exhausts and tomorrow I'll cut out the new frames!
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Looked up some youtube videos on how to do exhaust on models. Decided to go with a non airbrush method. I think my airbrush would always look like airbrush (millions of tiny dots). Instead I got my old chalky pastels out and brushed them on with a stiff short brush. You can even go in with a good eraser and cut off where it starts. That's key in making it look like the dirt accumulates and starts from behind panel lines. I went a bit too large on the silver paint chipping, but it's a HUGE model, so it's okay. Those two silver wires sticking out of the wing between the engine are hand holds so you can hoist yourself up onto the wing for maintenence. That's why there's so much paint chipping there. There would be a lot of wear and tear where you lift yourself up.
Monday, April 9, 2018
Trying to get the PBY finished by June. I'm finally on the paint step! It's exciting seeing it all come together and see the rivets work! As you can see, I chose the Naval three tone paint scheme for my PBY. I actually think I might be able to get this done by the end of this month!!! Then I can start on my Monorail display project. After the Monorail displays I do the big one.... a 5 foot long scratchbuilt Nautilus! I can't wait!!!