Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pascal: Hrs. 7-9 re-evaluation



So there comes a point, as a sculptor, when you have to be honest with yourself and really stop what your doing to make sure your not going down the wrong road. I knew the proportions were off. It felt like the entire thing needed to be about 10% smaller. After 6 hours of sculpting, the last thing I wanted to do was strip it down, adjust the armature and start again from scratch. But if that's what had to be done to get it right... then I was going to do it.


I printed out a photo at the same angle as my reference and traced the differences. To my relief, I actually needed to make the head larger and make a few other easy changes! 


Tonight I end on hour 9. I feel much better about where this is going. I wish I was farther along, but I know I'm on the right road.

No comments:

Post a Comment