Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Starting Fresh...



  My plan is to do one Z-brush project and then one real sculpt, then one Z-brush project, then one real sculpt ... etc. Well, I just finished Pascal so I'm supposed to find the next thing to digitally sculpt. The problem, however is that my current 'learn ZBrush' method is horrible. I've been using the learn-by-doing approach, which is fine if the program is simple enough. I've managed so far by finding Youtube videos to answer my questions, but the farther I get along with this, the more specific my questions become and the less likely Youtube will be able to help me. I've finally decided to be responsible and just shell out the $50 for a real Z-brush tutorial book. I picked up 'Introducing ZBrush' by Eric Keller. It was the only ZBrush book that Barnes and Noble had, which is good. I don't need a lot of choices between books. I just need one that really takes me through this program the proper way. I'm only on page 47, but I'm very happy with it so far. It's already answered some of my questions. The downside is it will be a while before I really can show any good progress project-wise. I'll reassure myself with the knowledge that the next project I do will be infinitely superior BECAUSE of my studying.

.... and on a side note... this photo of my workspace sort of shocked me into realizing I NEED to clean up my workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment