Saturday, April 12, 2014

Elephant Commission

Last month has been crazy! We did 10 hour days at work for the entire month and I got two sculpt commissions from out of NOWHERE!


I was given the task of sculpting a baby gorilla and this elephant. I'm going to just cut to the chase this time and show you the end result. It's my typical wire armature with tin foil for filler, white cheap sculpey clay for the underneath layer, and much nicer terra cotta colored sculpey on top for detail. I then primered, sanded, primered sanded, primered. It was your basic sculpt process, very similar to Pascal. In fact, exactly like Pascal!





The client wanted the arms a little higher and the belly a bit fatter. Beyond that, he had no corrections! This is the first sculpting commission I've gotten in 5 years! It was so nice to have a paid project again!

No comments:

Post a Comment