Friday, June 6, 2014

Starbase 1 (also known as Spacedock) FINISHED!!!!!


 And Viola! She is done! I apologize for the yellow tungsten lighting in my bedroom, but at least it gives all these photos a nice warm feel.



I printed out decals for the bay doors. They're movie accurate to color and numerical order.




Damn. This is exactly the look I was going for! I'm very happy with how this turned out.




The runway lights are white (hard to tell in this photo) but more importantly THEY BLINK! Yes, that's right! These little fiber optics blink. Wanna know what's even cooler? The Red side door lights blink too!


All the lights out. 


I'm not mailing this off. I made a custom box with foam so that I can hand this off to my brother in 4 months and be relatively sure the circuits will stay intact. 



 I've rigged it so that the adaptor cord will effortlessly plug into the bottom of the base.

I'm actually very excited that this project worked. I combined two different voltages with multiple LEDs and integrated them into a VERY small space with fiber optics and the whole thing actually works! So many doors have opened up for me with this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great build, one of kind. What do you think the dollar amount would be to make it 2 of a kind?...

    ReplyDelete