Sunday, February 5, 2017

A new decoration for the garage.



  When I was a kid I had a black Porsche 911 matchbox car. It had a gold Porsche emblem on the hood and I pretended it was a police badge so it could be a cop car. That was my favorite matchbox car. I never stopped loving that shape. I love how the headlights have their own pylon that forms the beginning of the line of the entire car. I love that a sports car can be aggressive while at the same time retain all the qualities that make an old VW bug friendly looking. The long swoop of the back, the engine grill below the back window, the wide hips for the huge rear wheels... I love it all.  When I was 16 I got a  1:24 scale die cast car 911 for my birthday. It was a red convertible and I declared it my favorite car ever. (though I've never wanted a convertible). The idea of owning one was part of my fantasy of becoming super successful and rich someday. We all have that vision of the perfect future. I just never thought I'd be able to open my garage door and see part of the fantasy sitting there waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment