Well, when last I posted anything about this, it was March of 2015. I had just finished the scratch-built machine guns..... Then I finished my office and spent just about a whole year doing ZBrush stuff.
At work, one of my coworkers gave me a blank notebook. I decided to write down all my 'To do Projects' lists. Stigymoloch print was first, then the Kazon Ogla Ship and now the PBY. It's great having everything in order. It allows me to knock these out one by one and MOST IMPORTANTLY, not to interrupt what I'm working on with new projects. New projects just get written down at the end of the list.
So lets talk about the PBY. The first image is me just pulling her out of storage and slapping her together. That's why all the dust. It shocked me how big she is. We measured her wingspan at almost 6 feet (70.75")!!!! I didn't believe it until I pulled the wing off, stood it upright and indeed it was taller than me!
The second image is the entire hull sanded. This gives me a clean surface with texture so any additions have something to grab on to. It will also help the primer paint go on strong.
The third image is the hull with the windows, rear turret blisters, and wheel wells cut out. It already looks so much better with windows!! I'm getting more comfortable with this project the more time I spend with it. This seemed really overwhelming at first. That's why I only modified the cockpit and built the turret last year. These were little individual pieces I could put my energy into without having to worry about accurate pontoons or landing gears or rivets or panel lines.