Thursday, April 25, 2013

EPCOT model: Helicopter terminal tower




Sorry, I don't have the process photos for this one. This was another one night scratch build, but it really took all night long! I was too tired by the end to take photos. Basically, what happened was, I drove to Hobby Lobby, bought thin plastic sheets, cut out the shapes, sanded them to a frosted finish, glued them all together and added the black lines with sharpie. It wasn't a difficult build. In fact, I was only tired at the end because I underestimated the project and started far later than I should have. It ended up looking great though!!! This was the final thing I created from scratch for the EPCOT model. The other people I worked with wanted to hide things in the model, which is all well and good, but I was satisfied knowing that my stuff, the stuff I took ownership in, was out in plain sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment