Saturday, July 21, 2018

Dasos: Intro Animatic Finished


 Whelp, full transparency here.... I don't like showing rough stuff like this. It goes against my artist nature of trying to impress people. BUT I said I would blog every step of the way just in case it would help others. So here it is! This is the animatic to the intro into the Dasos series. So lets' break down what I did:

The first animatic had 4 letters to Santa and it ran over 4 minutes. Way too long!

Second animatic added two animal cut away scenes to try to compensate for the length. There was a squirrel and a bunny. Still didn't really address the length.

Third animatic ditched the third letter to Santa, which was a letter read by my niece, Angela. Sorry Angie! I tried ignoring the comedy rule of three's but they wrote that rule for a reason!

Fourth animatic cut out a good half of the long letter to Santa. It was painful to cut out so much of my brilliantly written (and recorded) Dickensian era ominous letter to Santa, but it cut the final intro down nicely and made everything nice and tight. I also re-recorded all of my dialogue to get the shortened letter, but also address some low quality on all of SDS' lines.

The version you can watch above is what I call Animatic4.2. This version simply ads some more frames of character expressions and reactions. I'm still not pleased with how SDS sounds almost exactly like the reader of the long letter. I could re-record and keep screwing with it, but I'd rather move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment