Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Stopmotion: Scene 2 Take 4


So, yeah. Over a month and I only have one more good take to show for it. I did two more takes in between this one and the last. The first one I hit the camera with my shoulder by accident and never could find the right position again. The second one, the puppet slid way down and I couldn't ever get him to get back up again. I don't love this one. It's passable I guess. It's better than the horrible first take. I'm going to try one more time to give myself another shot at doing it right. It's not just the stiff camera boom and pan. It's not just the awkward, slow animation, it's also that he slids down the whole time and I can't control where he pivots. It's very frustrating. A real professional would have a huge key green rig that holds him up and would just get taken out in post. I don't know how to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment