Monday, December 2, 2019

Stopmotion: What I've got so far.


 This is the first time I'm seeing everything I've done so far together. I'm amazed at how well the fog/cloud transition worked. It's perfect! 

Unfortunately, that's the only positive I can take away from this. It looks so much more clunky and amateurish than I had imagined it to look. He's so damn jittery when he talks. There's nothing smooth about any of it. I guess it looks exactly like what it is: someone's first attempt at stop motion. At least the set and the lighting is top notch.

The next shot is the longest, but also one of the easiest. He just pulls three letters out of the bag and smiles at the camera. I'll probably cut to a different angle for the third letter. 

After that the very final shot is the exit shot out to the mountains again, which I've already filmed. 

Once this is all done, I'm looking forward to spending the next year doing little test animations and experiments. I want to flush out some furry characters I've been wanting to do. A old green fox witch is one of them. Plus, I'd like to animate characters that don't just sound like me but louder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment