Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The main character


 So, here's the first page of sketches I did tonight for the main character. Here's what we thought...

We both liked the dog. His expression is good, but we felt a different animal would ultimately be more interesting.


I decided I liked the more quiet devastated, suprised look better than angry. The quietness of this expression will contrast more with the explosive crowd and draw more attention to the focal point of the piece. Maria liked the mouth from the gorilla, but not the eyes.
 We were both more drawn to the black ram. This one very nearly captures what I want, but Maria suggested taking the mouth of the gorilla and adding it to the ram. I agree! Tomorrow I'll draw out a bunch of sheep and try to hit that perfect pose and expression!

No comments:

Post a Comment